High Alumina Bricks
Fused AZS Zirconia Corundum Bricks
Lightweight Mullite Bricks
Low Creep High Alumina Bricks
Fire Clay Bricks
Acid-Resistant High Alumina Bricks
Low Creep Fire Clay Bricks
High Alumina Insulation Bricks
Phosphate High Alumina Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Bubble Bricks
Corundum Mullite Bricks
Chrome Corundum Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Castables
Corundum Mullite Castables
Zirconia-Corundum Casting Castables
Steel Fiber Castables
High Alumina Insulating Castables
Silicon Carbide Castables
Magnesia Alumina Spinel Castables
Refractory Ramming Mass
High Alumina Refractory Mortar
High Alumina Refractory Cement
Acid Resistant Castables
Alkali Proof Castables
Silicon Carbide Refractories
Refractory Precast Blocks
Chrome Corundum Casting Castables
Chrome Corundum Refractory Bricks
Refractory Ceramic Balls
Refractory Honeycomb Ceramic Regenerator
Refractory Corundum Ceramic Balls
Home > News
Castables are granular and powdery materials made by adding a certain amount of binder to refractory materials. They have high fluidity and can be cast into shape. Refractory castables have certain requirements on the surrounding environment during the construction process. Now Xinhongji Refractory will briefly introduce the precautions for the construction of refractory castables in winter, summer, and rainy days.
1. Winter construction refers to construction where the ambient temperature is between +5℃ and -5℃. When the temperature is below -5°C, reliable cold protection measures must be taken before construction can begin.
2. Winter construction techniques must be used during winter construction. The working environment should be sealed, windproof, and warm, and the lining temperature should be kept above +5°C after masonry construction.
3. When constructing castables in winter, dry materials should be stored in the heating room and mixed with boiling water. The temperature of the mixture should be maintained above 10°C. It is not advisable to add chemical accelerators or antifreeze.
4. When constructing the furnace in winter, the insulation layer should be built first to mobilize the anti-freeze ability of the refractory layer. After the masonry is completed, it should be covered first with plastic sheeting and then with dried vegetables. The heat preservation time of a new kiln should be no less than 10 days. It is prohibited to expose completed masonry to the cold.
5. Construction should be carried out indoors on rainy days. All materials, handling tools, work areas, and masonry should be protected from rain. Cover unfinished buildings, plug holes, and plug leaks. The blast furnace top tuyere should be sealed. The completed floor prefabricated components should be covered with coverings and should not be soaked in water.
6. When the ambient temperature is greater than or equal to 30℃, summer construction can be considered. During summer construction, the water temperature and material temperature should be controlled below 30°C. Materials exposed to the sun should be cooled before use.
7. When pouring castables in summer, try to do it in the morning or evening. After pouring, the curtain should be covered in time and watered frequently to cool down.
The above are matters needing attention in different construction environments. I hope it helps you. Only the correct construction environment and suitable construction conditions can maximize the effectiveness of castables.
Home Tel Email Inquiry