High Alumina Bricks
Fused AZS Zirconia Corundum Bricks
Lightweight Mullite Bricks
Low Creep High Alumina Bricks
Fire Clay Bricks
Acid-Resistant High Alumina Bricks
Low Creep Fire Clay Bricks
High Alumina Insulation Bricks
Phosphate High Alumina Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Bubble Bricks
Corundum Mullite Bricks
Chrome Corundum Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Castables
Corundum Mullite Castables
Zirconia-Corundum Casting Castables
Steel Fiber Castables
High Alumina Insulating Castables
Silicon Carbide Castables
Magnesia Alumina Spinel Castables
Refractory Ramming Mass
High Alumina Refractory Mortar
High Alumina Refractory Cement
Acid Resistant Castables
Alkali Proof Castables
Silicon Carbide Refractories
Refractory Precast Blocks
Chrome Corundum Casting Castables
Chrome Corundum Refractory Bricks
Refractory Ceramic Balls
Refractory Honeycomb Ceramic Regenerator
Refractory Corundum Ceramic Balls
Home > Engineering Solution
Annealing aluminum is the most popular heat treatment process adopted to further soften aluminum. Annealing makes aluminum amenable to various metal-working operations. The process involves heating followed by controlled cooling, which helps reduce internal stress and improve the material's endurance.
Xinhongji Refractory offers multi-types of refractory materials for a full range of Aluminium Coil/Foil Annealing furnace batches to the aluminum industries. No matter whether these furnaces will be Electrically Heated or Gas Fired the design will be either Fixed Hearth or Bogie Hearth type to suit the customer’s requirement.
Aluminum coils/foils placed on the charge carrier can be loaded into the fixed hearth furnace by a hydraulically/electro-mechanically driven charging machine or can be loaded on the bogie with the help of an EOT crane for the bogie hearth furnace. After the annealing cycle is completed the foils/coils are discharged from the furnace with the help of a discharging machine from the fixed hearth furnace or unloaded from the bogie hearth furnace with the help of the EOT crane.
Annealing is a heat-treatment process that involves heating the workpiece to improve its properties, unlike anodizing, where the aluminum workpiece undergoes an electrochemical reaction, without heating.
The annealing process is performed periodically on a cold-worked aluminum to improve its workability (ability to bend and deform without crack formation).
Cold working is a metalworking process where the metal is deformed (extruded or rolled) at a temperature below recrystallization temperature to improve its hardness or strength.
Performing annealing on aluminum improves the material's ductility and refines the grain structure. Thus intermittent annealing helps deform the aluminum workpiece into complex shapes without triggering any cracks.
1. Relieve internal stresses: The primary function of an aluminum annealing furnace is to relieve the internal stresses that can build up in aluminum during processes such as rolling, drawing, or extrusion. These stresses can lead to unwanted warping or cracking.
2. Improve mechanical properties: Annealing can improve the mechanical properties of aluminum, making it more ductile, tougher, and easier to work with. This is particularly important for aluminum which needs to be formed into complex shapes.
3. Improve homogeneity: The annealing process can make the structure of the aluminum more homogeneous, or uniform. This can improve the overall quality and consistency of the aluminum.
4. Prepare for further processing: In some cases, aluminum is annealed to prepare it for further processing. For example, aluminum may be annealed before it is cold-worked to prevent it from cracking.
Aluminum annealing furnaces for universal use are designed for the entire range of aluminum annealing processes (DIN EN 515 >> T1-T9). A flexible and precise process definition is required to carry out various annealing processes. The result is a product with maximum material quality.
Aluminum annealing furnaces typically require refractory materials that can withstand high temperatures and resist chemical reactions with molten aluminum. The specific type of refractory materials used may vary depending on the design and operating conditions of the furnace. Here are some commonly used refractory materials for aluminum annealing furnaces:
1. Fireclay: Fireclay refractories, made from a mixture of clay and other materials, are widely used in aluminum annealing furnaces. They have good thermal shock resistance and can withstand temperatures up to around 1,400°C (2,552°F).
2. High-Alumina: High-alumina refractories, containing a high percentage of alumina (Al2O3), offer superior resistance to heat and chemical attack. They are suitable for higher temperature applications, typically up to 1,700°C (3,092°F).
3. Mullite: Mullite refractories, composed of alumina and silica, possess excellent thermal stability and resistance to thermal shock. They are commonly used in aluminum annealing furnaces due to their high-temperature strength and resistance to molten aluminum.
4. Silicon Carbide: Silicon carbide (SiC) refractories are highly resistant to thermal shock and chemical corrosion. They can withstand extremely high temperatures, making them suitable for demanding applications in aluminum annealing furnaces.
5. Insulating Refractories: In addition to the above materials, insulating refractories such as lightweight firebricks or ceramic fiber materials may be used to line the walls or roof of the furnace. These materials provide thermal insulation and help reduce heat loss, improving energy efficiency.
Choose high-quality refractory materials that can withstand the intended operating temperature range and resist chemical reactions with molten aluminum. Consider the type of refractory lining, insulation, and hot face materials. Consult with refractory experts to ensure the right selection for your specific needs. We also need consider to ensuring its efficiency, safety, and longevity.
Hot Tags: Aluminum Annealing Furnace, Design, Construction, Maintenance, After-sales.
Aluminum Melting Furnace
Hard Aluminum Alloy Furnace
Aluminum Transfer Ladle
Other Auxiliary Parts
Double Chamber Furnace
Aluminum Holding Furnace
Aluminum Scrap Recycling Furnace
Aluminum Homogenizing Furnace
Aluminum Trough & Launder
Home Tel Email Inquiry