High Alumina Bricks
Fused AZS Zirconia Corundum Bricks
Lightweight Mullite Bricks
Low Creep High Alumina Bricks
Fire Clay Bricks
Acid-Resistant High Alumina Bricks
Low Creep Fire Clay Bricks
High Alumina Insulation Bricks
Phosphate High Alumina Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Bubble Bricks
Corundum Mullite Bricks
Chrome Corundum Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Castables
Corundum Mullite Castables
Zirconia-Corundum Casting Castables
Steel Fiber Castables
High Alumina Insulating Castables
Silicon Carbide Castables
Magnesia Alumina Spinel Castables
Refractory Ramming Mass
High Alumina Refractory Mortar
High Alumina Refractory Cement
Acid Resistant Castables
Alkali Proof Castables
Silicon Carbide Refractories
Refractory Precast Blocks
Chrome Corundum Casting Castables
Chrome Corundum Refractory Bricks
Refractory Ceramic Balls
Refractory Honeycomb Ceramic Regenerator
Refractory Corundum Ceramic Balls
Home > News
Silicon carbide castable is generally a high-grade refractory material with silicon carbide as the main raw material. It has the characteristics of high strength, high wear resistance, and high slag resistance. Its operating temperature can reach about 1700°C and is generally used in high-temperature applications. In addition to being used alone, silicon carbide castables are often made into shaped refractory materials such as silicon carbide bricks for easily worn parts of the kiln. Currently, silicon carbide castables and silicon carbide products are widely used in high-temperature kilns. Works well in high-temperature kilns.
Characteristics of silicon carbide castables
1. High intensity: Silicon carbide has very high strength and can maintain very good stability even at temperatures around 1700°C.
2. High wear resistance: Silicon carbide has a very high hardness, with a Mohs hardness of 9.5, second only to diamond. Therefore, silicon carbide castables have very high wear resistance and can withstand continuous erosion in high-temperature kilns.
3. High slag resistance: Since silicon carbide has good acid and alkali resistance, it can effectively resist the erosion of slag and metal oxides.
4. High refractoriness: The refractory temperature of silicon carbide castables can reach about 1700°C, so it is often used in some key parts in some high-temperature kilns.
5. High thermal conductivity: Silicon carbide has excellent thermal conductivity and can resist oxidation at high temperatures. Therefore, it has good thermal conductivity when used as a furnace charge, which is beneficial to the rapid transfer and uniform distribution of heat in the furnace and improves the thermal efficiency of the kiln.
Application of silicon carbide castables
Silicon carbide castables are widely used and can be used in high-temperature furnaces in steel, electric power, chemical industry, building materials, glass, non-ferrous metals, and other industries, such as molten metal holding furnaces, aluminum melting furnaces, rotary kilns, heat treatment, Glass kilns, etc., play a key role in the key parts of these high-temperature kilns.
The above is an introduction to the characteristics and applications of silicon carbide castables. Silicon carbide castables can not only be used as unshaped refractory materials, but can also be made into shaped refractory materials such as silicon carbide bricks, corundum silicon carbide bricks, and silicon carbide prefabricated parts. It plays an important role in high-temperature kiln charges due to its characteristics.
Home Tel Email Inquiry