High Alumina Bricks
Fused AZS Zirconia Corundum Bricks
Lightweight Mullite Bricks
Low Creep High Alumina Bricks
Fire Clay Bricks
Acid-Resistant High Alumina Bricks
Low Creep Fire Clay Bricks
High Alumina Insulation Bricks
Phosphate High Alumina Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Bubble Bricks
Corundum Mullite Bricks
Chrome Corundum Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Castables
Corundum Mullite Castables
Zirconia-Corundum Casting Castables
Steel Fiber Castables
High Alumina Insulating Castables
Silicon Carbide Castables
Magnesia Alumina Spinel Castables
Refractory Ramming Mass
High Alumina Refractory Mortar
High Alumina Refractory Cement
Acid Resistant Castables
Alkali Proof Castables
Silicon Carbide Refractories
Refractory Precast Blocks
Chrome Corundum Casting Castables
Chrome Corundum Refractory Bricks
Refractory Ceramic Balls
Refractory Honeycomb Ceramic Regenerator
Refractory Corundum Ceramic Balls
Home > News
Corundum brick is a kind of refractory material with high hardness, wear resistance, high melting point, and corrosion resistance, which is used for the inner wall and bottom of a high-temperature kiln. The main component of corundum brick is alumina (Al2O3), its content can reach more than 90%. The alumina in the corundum brick exists in polycrystalline form, and the grains are combined by a binder. Therefore, in the kiln, the corundum brick can effectively protect the furnace body and prolong the life of the kiln. service life and increase production efficiency.
Physical properties of corundum bricks
1. High hardness. Corundum brick has very high hardness, its Mohs hardness can reach 9, second only to diamond, so it is often used in some high-temperature environments that need to withstand high strength and high wear.
2. Wear resistance. Corundum bricks have very good wear resistance and can withstand long-term high-speed, high-temperature, high-pressure erosion and erosion in a high-temperature kiln environment.
3. High-temperature point. The melting point of corundum brick is about 2040°C, which can maintain long-term stable performance in high-temperature environments.
4. Corrosion resistance. Corundum bricks have good corrosion resistance to acids, alkalis, and other chemical substances, and can maintain stable performance in harsh chemical environments.
Applications of corundum bricks
1. Due to its excellent physical properties, corundum bricks are often used in the metallurgical industry for the lining and furnace wall construction of high-temperature ironmaking furnaces, steel furnaces, and other high-temperature reaction equipment.
2. In the glass industry, corundum bricks are usually used as lining materials for glass kilns, which can withstand high temperatures and chemical erosion in the glass production process to protect the structure of the kiln, and can effectively ensure the quality of glass in glass production and production efficiency.
3. In the chemical industry, since chemical reaction equipment such as high-temperature reaction kettles and distillation towers need to be eroded by chemical substances for a long time, the lining must have corrosion resistance. It happens that corundum bricks have excellent corrosion resistance and corrosion resistance. Wear resistance can provide a stable and reliable working environment for these chemical reaction equipment, so corundum bricks are often used as linings for high-temperature chemical reaction equipment.
Corundum brick can be said to be a very good refractory brick, so it is widely used in some key parts of high-temperature kilns. Through the above introduction, I hope you have a certain understanding of the composition, physical properties, and application occasions of corundum bricks.
Home Tel Email Inquiry