High Alumina Bricks
Fused AZS Zirconia Corundum Bricks
Lightweight Mullite Bricks
Low Creep High Alumina Bricks
Fire Clay Bricks
Acid-Resistant High Alumina Bricks
Low Creep Fire Clay Bricks
High Alumina Insulation Bricks
Phosphate High Alumina Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Bubble Bricks
Corundum Mullite Bricks
Chrome Corundum Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Castables
Corundum Mullite Castables
Zirconia-Corundum Casting Castables
Steel Fiber Castables
High Alumina Insulating Castables
Silicon Carbide Castables
Magnesia Alumina Spinel Castables
Refractory Ramming Mass
High Alumina Refractory Mortar
High Alumina Refractory Cement
Acid Resistant Castables
Alkali Proof Castables
Silicon Carbide Refractories
Refractory Precast Blocks
Chrome Corundum Casting Castables
Chrome Corundum Refractory Bricks
Refractory Ceramic Balls
Refractory Honeycomb Ceramic Regenerator
Refractory Corundum Ceramic Balls
Home > News
What are the refractory castables commonly used in high-temperature kilns?
1. Application of refractory castable in cement rotary kiln.
In the new dry process cement rotary kiln, refractory castables have been widely used. According to different working environments of the kiln, the refractory castables used include ordinary refractory castables, low cement refractory castables, ultra-low cement refractory castables, cement-free refractory castables, steel fiber refractory castables, explosion-proof refractory castables, Anti-skinning refractory castables, phosphate refractory castables, alkali-resistant castables, heat insulation castables, in addition, there are new types of castables such as self-flowing refractory castables.
2. The application of refractory castables in glass-melting furnaces.
Due to the requirements of the working environment of the glass melting furnace itself, the applied refractory castable should have the characteristics of good high-temperature resistance, strong resistance to glass liquid erosion, and low porosity. The refractory castables mainly used include fused silica castables, corundum castables, lightweight mullite castables, zircon ramming materials, etc.
3. Application of refractory castables in the metallurgical industry.
(1) Refractory castables for ironmaking systems
In the ironmaking system, there are many refractory castables for blast furnace tapping troughs, and ASC refractory castables are generally used. ASC castables are generally low-cement or ultra-low-cement castables, which are mainly composed of Al2O3 aggregates, SiC, carbon, refractory cement, and various additives. Different parts use different materials, such as a main ditch, slag ditch, branch ditch, etc.
(2) Refractory castables for molten iron pretreatment
In the application of refractory castables in the ladle, aluminum silicon carbide carbon castables are mainly used in the furnace bottom, molten pool, and slag line. The spray gun is an important device for the pretreatment of molten iron. Now the refractory materials used for the spray gun are mostly poured with castables, and their materials are mainly Al2O3-SiO2 series. The overall spray gun made of this castable has the characteristics of uniform structure, no joints, good thermal shock resistance, and long service life.
4. Refractory castables for electric furnace steelmaking
The application of refractory castables in electric furnaces is mainly concentrated in the furnace cover of electric furnaces. In the electric triangle area, the overall prefabrication technology of castables is generally used. The integral castable furnace cover may become a development trend of electric furnace cover materials in the future. The material of the prefabricated block is divided into corundum, high alumina, and mullite. The user provides the drawing, the location of use, and the temperature. The manufacturer uses a suitable refractory castable to cast the prefabricated part according to the drawing and delivers it after curing and baking. It can be spliced and used on-site when it is delivered to the user’s location.
5. Refractory castables for refining outside the furnace
(1) Refractory castables for RH furnaces. A small amount of high-alumina castables and aluminum-magnesium castables are used in the RH furnace lining. The upper part of the RH vacuum chamber adopts Al2O3-MgO·Al2O3 castable integral lining or gunning integral lining. Integral aluminum-magnesium castables are used for the outer wall of the dip tube in the RH furnace.
(2) Refractory castables for LF furnace. The materials used for the curtain wall of the LF furnace cover are mainly high-alumina or corundum series castables. High alumina-spinel refractory castables are often used to pour large bricks in the impact area of the bottom of the package;
(3) Refractory castables for CAS refining units. The CAS refining unit is divided into upper and lower parts, and the refractory materials used are castables; the upper part mostly uses low-expansion Al2O3-SiO2 castables. The lower part mostly uses corundum-spinel series castables with fused corundum added with MgO fine powder. In the later stage, in order to prolong the service life of the device, magnesium-aluminum gunning materials are mostly used.
(4) Refractory castables for ladles. The types of refractory castables for ladles are mainly aluminum-magnesium castables and magnesia alumina spinel castables.
6. Refractory castables for continuous casting
Castables for tundish include lightweight castables (mainly used for the heat insulation layer), high alumina or mullite self-flowing castables corundum, and magnesium castables (used for the bottom working layer).
Home Tel Email Inquiry