High Alumina Bricks
Fused AZS Zirconia Corundum Bricks
Lightweight Mullite Bricks
Low Creep High Alumina Bricks
Fire Clay Bricks
Acid-Resistant High Alumina Bricks
Low Creep Fire Clay Bricks
High Alumina Insulation Bricks
Phosphate High Alumina Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Bubble Bricks
Corundum Mullite Bricks
Chrome Corundum Bricks
High Alumina Refractory Castables
Corundum Mullite Castables
Zirconia-Corundum Casting Castables
Steel Fiber Castables
High Alumina Insulating Castables
Silicon Carbide Castables
Magnesia Alumina Spinel Castables
Refractory Ramming Mass
High Alumina Refractory Mortar
High Alumina Refractory Cement
Acid Resistant Castables
Alkali Proof Castables
Silicon Carbide Refractories
Refractory Precast Blocks
Chrome Corundum Casting Castables
Chrome Corundum Refractory Bricks
Refractory Ceramic Balls
Refractory Honeycomb Ceramic Regenerator
Refractory Corundum Ceramic Balls
Home > Knowledge
Hook castables refer to the castables used in tap hooks in blast furnace tapping plants. Blast furnaces are mainstream iron-making equipment. They are eroded by molten iron for a long time during operation, so they are used during construction. Refractory materials of various materials, such as refractory castables, refractory bricks, etc.
Iron Hook Castable
The blast furnace tap hook is a circulation channel for molten iron and requires high-temperature-resistant refractory castables. The blast furnace tap hook castable is a castable specially designed for the tap hook. It is generally an ultra-low cement refractory castable. Castable refractory castables composed of corundum or high-alumina clinker, silicon carbide, carbon, binders, and admixtures are mainly used for the lining of blast furnace tap hooks.
Properties of Hook Castables
To adapt to high-temperature resistance, iron hook castables have very good characteristics, such as high strength, thermal shock resistance, etc. The following editor will introduce several types in detail:
1. The first properties of iron hook castables are high-temperature resistance and high strength. The strength is high enough to resist the erosion of molten iron, that is, it has strong resistance to the erosion and erosion of molten iron and slag;
2. It has good thermal shock resistance, small volume change after reheating, and will not cause rupture due to rapid changes in heat during use. It has good stability.
3. It has a strong antioxidant capacity and can be used for a long time.
4. It is convenient for construction. The amount of water added during use is small, so that the iron hook castable has good fluidity, can be baked quickly without bursting, and is easy to repair and dismantle.
5. When used, it does not react with iron, does not produce harmful gases, and does not stick to slag iron.
The Construction Method of Iron Hook Castable
Hook castable is a refractory castable used in the lining of the blast furnace hook. When making the lining of the hook, the hook castable is cast as a whole. The main components of the hook castable are fused corundum, silicon carbide, and fixed carbon. Add binders and additives, and use pouring during construction.
1. It is necessary to set up the mold: Before setting up the mold, butter should be evenly applied on the surface of the mold. The center of the lower mold should be centered on the tap hole. After the correction is completed, the mold should be fixed.
2. Then make and pour the iron hook castable: Stir the castable thoroughly, then add two-thirds of the water, continue stirring for about 2 minutes, then add another third of the water and stir for 3 minutes. Discharge. The prepared castables are poured using vibration methods.
3. After the iron hook material is completely hardened, use a hammer to gently tap the mold inward to loosen the mold, and then lift the mold.
4. Curing for 30-40 minutes to fully evaporate the moisture on the inner wall of the iron hook before starting fire and baking.
5. After baking, check whether there are any problems. If there are no problems, you can put it into use.
Home Tel Email Inquiry